AdBlock Plus is a popular browser add-on which filters and blocks advertisements of any form in a website. It works with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Internet Explorer, Safari, Yandex, and Android.
Same with AdBlock, ABP has a feature called 'Whitelist' where users can add a website to it to prevent the extension from filtering the website contents, most especially advertisements.
Adding a website in AdBlock Plus whitelist is a breeze.
Here's a short guide on how to do it.
Adding a Domain in AdBlock Plus Whitelist (For Google Chrome Users only)
1. Right-click AdBlock Plus icon at the upper-right hand corner of the web browser. Select Options in the menu.
If the plugin icon is hidden, open a new tab instead, then enter chrome://extensions in the address bar. You will be redirected to the add-ons page afterward. Just find AdBlock Plus in the list, and click Options.
2. Go to the Whitelisted domains tab. See screenshot in the next step for reference.
3. In the text entry box, type in the website link you want to add to the list, for example, www.google.com
Note: Don't include http:// or https:// in the URL.
4. Click on the Add Domain button, and the link will be included to the whitelist automatically.
Go to the website you've just added, and verify if ads and other page elements are showing properly.
Easiest Way of Adding a Domain in AdBlock Plus Whitelist
1. Visit the website.
2. Left-click the plugin icon at the upper-right hand corner of the Chrome browser.
3. Click "Enabled on this site" option; the one with the green checkmark, until it becomes 'disabled'.
Once the plugin icon turns gray, it means that the domain is already added to the whitelist.
Load the webpage again, and see the result.
- January 11, 2015 - Added an alternative method, or a shortcut of adding a domain to AdBlock Plus whitelist in Google Chrome.